Residence: # 1, Vinyas Residency, Yadav Farm, Next to RBI Layout, J.P.Nagar, 7th Phase, Konanakunte Post, BANGALORE – 560 062. Telephones: (Res): 080 26543270, (Off): 22259371, Mobile: 9845381805 Email: email@example.com Date of Birth: 01.06.1966 Educational Qualifications: Ph.D – (Financing and Investments in Power Projects), MBA - Finance., (Gold Medalist), M.Com - (Advanced Accountancy), B.Com – (Accountancy, Income Tax, Costing, Auditing etc.,) Professional Experience: Manager – (Finance & Accounts) Division. January, 2007 to Till date. Zonal Manager – Mangalore Zone (5 districts) September, 2002 - January, 2007 Manager – Project Finance Division. January, 2001 – September, 2002 Deputy Manager –Merchant Banking & Financial Services Division. July, 1996 – January, 2001 Karnataka State Industrial Investment & Development Corporation Limited (KSIIDC), Bangalore. (A Premier State Financial Institution of Government of Karnataka). Branch Manager - Hubli (1992 to 1996) Vijaya Group of Companies – NBFCs viz., M/s. Vijaya Home Loans Ltd, Hubli. M/s. Vijaya Leasing Ltd, Bangalore, M/s. Vijaya Commercial Credits Ltd, Computer skills: Microsoft Office 2007, MSxp, Tally ERP 9. Language known: Kannada, Hindi and English Travels : All over Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and major cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkatta, New Delhi, Chennai etc., Affiliations: * Karnatak University Dharwad, * Membership at All India Management Association, New Delhi. * Membership at Mangalore Management Association. Awards & Recognitions: * Gold Medal in MBA-Finance from Institution of Business Management & Research (IBMR), Bangalore which is affiliated to Canadian School of Management Institute of Graduate Studies, Toronto, Canada/USA and TASMAC, Pune. * Appreciation certificate dated 13.6.2000 received from Sri. R.V.Deshpande, Hon’ble Minister for Large and Medium Scale Industries and Infrastructure Development, Government of Karnataka for having managed successfully the Global Investors Meet held in Bangalore during 2000. Wherein 254 project proposals identified and formulated with an estimated investment of Rs.27,050 crores in Karnataka State. Nature of job experience: Worked 14 years in Financial Sector. Presently, my research interest is in the area of Financial Management in infrastructure Projects. So far, 12 research papers of mine on the power sector and finance have been published in reviewed journals and magazines. 5 technical papers have been presented in national and international conferences. I have participated in several national and international conferences, workshops, seminars and management training programs at various reputed institutions in India like IIMB, IISc, ICFAI, NLSIU, MDI, JNIDB, NHB etc. I am a member of All India Management Association, New Delhi and member of Mangalore Management Association.
I have worked as Zonal Manager for four and half year (2002-2007) in Mangalore Zone at KSIIDC. There I had been actively involved in project finance, Appraisal system of industrial projects, Sanctions and disbursement of loans, Monitoring of projects, Recovery of loans, Sale of assets taken over under section 29 of the SFC’s Act, BIFR cases, invoking the personal property & guarantee investigation of cases, follow up of court cases etc. I had active role in conducting the Global Investor’s Meet, Coastal Investor’s Meet and district level industrial investor’s meets in Karnataka.
I have worked in Financial Services Division covering areas such as Merchant Banking, equity and debt investment portfolio, IPO process, Dis-investment of shares. I have handled the Funds Management, Finance and Accounts department in NBFCs, I have a active role in the works of Infrastructure projects such as Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) Project, High-speed Rail Link Project, Petroleum Chemicals and Petro-Chemical Investment Region (PCPIR) project at Mangalore, IT/BT Park at Rajajinagar, Khanijabhavan at Bangalore, Tourism Projects of Karnataka, etc.,
Thus, I have been working on various domains of financial services like Industrial and Infrastructure project finance, Corporate Finance and Management of Non Performing Assets (NPA), Leasing and Hire Purchase finance, Housing Finance, Merchant Banking, preparation of Business Plan Resource Forecast (BPRF) and finalization of Accounts for Annual Reports. I have handled Finance and Accounts independently in a computerized environment. I have working skill sets in Microsoft Office tools, Tally software and Loan Monitoring Systems etc.
(I) RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED:
• “Financing and Investment Decisions in Power Projects of Karnataka – A Case study of KPCL”, Renewable Energy and Environment for Sustainable Development, a proceedings of an International Conference on “Renewable Energy Asia -2008” held at IIT Delhi, Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, Pp.239-244.
• “Impact of Availability Based Electricity Tariffs (ABT) on the Power Sector - Case Study of Karnataka” in The ICFAI University Journal of Infrastructure, The ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, Volume No.VI, No.3, September 2008, Pp.51-64.
• Ph.D thesis submitted on “Analysis of Financing and Investment Practices in Karnataka Power Corporation Limited” under the guidance of Dr. Hiremani Naik, Reader and Local Head, KRC PG Centre, Belgaum, Department of Commerce, Karnatak University Dharwad, (Karnataka State) during May 2008.
[Ph.D research work has been carried out on power sector of Karnataka with a case study on operational and financial performance of Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) for a period of five financial years (2002-2007). It has installed capacity of 5,000 MW with 6,200 employees and achieved a turnover of Rs.3,750 crores as of March 2007. The power plants are located at all over Karnataka. The findings of the study are based on questionnaire based field survey, plant visits, literature review, analysis of various annual reports of the power companies, Government agencies etc., The performance and results of KPCL have been compared with five major power generation companies of India like TATA Power Company Ltd, Reliance Energy Ltd, NTPC Ltd, NHPC Ltd and APGENCO Ltd. For improvement of the power sector inter alia, various suggestions are made in the research study].
• “Economics of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Emerging Challenges and Opportunities in Indian Financial Sector: Published in Book titled: WTO and Business Process Outsourcing in India” (2007). Edited by Dr. Hiremani Naik, published by M/s. University Book House (Pvt) Limited, No.79, Chaura Rasta, Jaipur- 3, Pp.No.71-92.
• “Repositioning Business Strategy in the Indian Power Sector” by Dr. R. Hiremani Naik and Tanaji G Rathod, Published in Book titled: WTO and Business Process Outsourcing in India” (2007). Edited by Dr. Hiremani Naik, published by M/s. University Book House (Pvt) Limited, No.79, Chaura Rasta, Jaipur- 3, Pp.No.123-148.
• “A Peep into the Power Sector of India” GITAM JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT, published by Collage of Management Studies, Gitam, Vishakapatnam. Volume 4, Number 2, July-December 2006, Pp 115-140.
• “The Path of Deregulation in the Indian Power Sector” in a Bi-annual research Journal “MANAGEMENT STREAM” published by Ishan Institute of Management & Technology, Greater Noida, Volume I, Year VII, November 2006, Pp.5-9.
• Availability Based Electricity Tariff in the Power Sector of Karnataka”, PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS, monthly journal published by Institute of Parliamentary Affairs, Bangalore, Volume 26, Issue 03, March 2006, Pp. 13-16.
• “International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) - Emerging Opportunities and Challenges for India”, CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT, New Delhi, Volume.54, Issue No. 07, January 2006, Pp.988-992.
• “Power Sector in India – Heading towards Reforms” ICFAI JOURNAL OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, Published by ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2006, Pp 39-56.
• “Power Sector in Karnataka - A Review of Reforms Status and Impact of the Electricity Act 2003” PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS, , Bangalore, Volume 25, Issue 12, December 2005, Pp 23-33.
• “Wind Power Development in Karnataka – A Micro Study” published in monthly Journal SOUTHERN ECONOMIST, Bangalore, October 15, 2005, Volume 44, Issue No.12, Pp.13-15.
(II) TECHNICAL PAPERS PRESENTED:
• At International Conference of Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR –2008), held at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore presented on “Financing and Investment Decisions in Power Projects of Karnataka – A case study of KPCL” 20-21 November 2008.
• At National Level Seminar on Infrastructure Development- Issues & Challenges: A Fast Track Growth” jointly organized by Government RC Collage of Commerce & Management and Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industry , Bangalore, presented on “Power Sector in Karnataka – Issues ad Challenges” held on 29-30th March 2007.
• In National Level Doctoral Thesis Conference held in The ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad, paper presented on “Analysis of Financing and Investment Practices in Karnataka Power Corporation Limited” on March 9-10, 2007.
• At International Conference conducted by Consortium of Students of Management Research (COSMAR-2006) in the Department of Management Studies of Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, paper presented on “Remodeling the Business Strategy in Indian Power Sector” held on September 21-23, 2006.
• In a National Seminar held at Bangalore University, paper presented entitled on “Repositioning Business Strategy in the Indian Power Sector-A study on the Impact of Power Sector Reforms” held on 21-22, February, 2006
(III) TRAINING PROGRAMMES & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED:
• In APTECH Computers on “MS Office 2007” from 25 December .2008 to 5 February 2009 at Bangalore.
• In Institute of Cost & Works Accountant of India (ICWAI) and Department of Public Enterprises, Govt. of Karnataka, at Bangalore. Training on Finance for Non-Finance Executives” held on 24-27 November, 2008.
• At Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) in an International Conference on Public Policy and Management focused on Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) held from 3-6 August 2008.
• At ICFAI Business School and UBS (Swiss Bank), participated in Faculty Development Programme on “Financial Markets” held during May 2008.
• At Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) participated in International conference on “Global Competitiveness through Outsourcing: Implications for Services & Manufacturing: during July 2006.
• In Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore conducted an international conference on “Operations Research Applications in infrastructure Development” by Operational Research Society of India(ORSI) chapter during December 2005.
• At National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore, participated in the training programme on “Legal Aspects of Management” during June 2001.
• At Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon for participation in Management Development programme on “Project Appraisals and Financing” during February 2001
• At Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore for having participated in a short-term course on “Industrial Policy and Management during May 1999.
• At Jawaharlal Nehru Institute for Development Banking (JNIDB), Hyderabad, participated in programme on Merchant Banking” during November 1996.
• At National Housing Bank (NHB), New Delhi, participated in training programme on “Housing Finance” during June 1995. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------